Build Over Sewer Agreement

Any inspector who has checked a website on our behalf (either by a local authority or an independent company) will inform us if inspections have taken place and will also inform us of the results, for example if construction is permitted. For more information about construction via a public channel, contact us at When a developer works with building control, the inspector checks where a buildover may be needed. If they are satisfied with the proposals and this meets our criteria, they will approve it on our behalf and the developer will not have to contact us for further permissions. If you sell your property, we will know that the sewers/drain have been built and that the work corresponds to our agreement. On request, we will confirm this information to individuals or mortgage lenders acting on behalf of a potential buyer. If you are planning any type of development, building something new or expanding an existing building, you should check to see if there is anything underground that can be affected, i.e. water or sewer lines. Our real estate research team can provide maps showing the location of our assets. According to the government`s latest recommendations, we have decided to close our offices to prevent and slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

During and after construction, a construction control centre must generally confirm that the work complies with national construction standards (described in the H4 building code). The developer may choose to use a Local Authority Building Control (LABC) or an independent certified inspector for this assessment. The inspector will also tell us where the sewers and sewers are, because sometimes we do not have details of the pipes on our mapping systems. We will use this information to update the legally prescribed channel map. Sometimes problems arise when owners try to sell their property, which is built in part or entirely through a public channel. Conservatories and extensions are the usual criminals. If a Build Over Agreement was not obtained when the work was done, then the water company has the legal right to enter the land to reach the canal, even if that means demolishing the building above the canal. However, if possible, the water company will avoid the damage and look for other ways to enter the sewers, but the risk remains.

If a construction agreement has been reached, the water company has no right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. Any inspector who has inspected a site on our behalf (either by a local authority or by an independent company) will inform us of developments that do not exceed the permitted permitting limits, i.e. that construction/extension is a specified length or when the sewers/sewers are particularly large or deep. Each building control agency working under our „protocol“ returns all cases where we need a more in-depth construction contract. In certain circumstances, we may issue a retroactive construction agreement if the work has already been done above or near a public sewer. This is only exceptionally the reason. If you want to build one of our public sewers or transverse sewers (i.e. usually within 3 meters), you need our permission, even if it is on your property. We must ensure that all of our pipes are protected from any damage that development can cause so that they can continue to provide the service for which they were designed.

It is also very important that we have access to our pipes for maintenance and repair. There are certain circumstances in which we must agree on a formal building over agreement. It is a legal document that is put in place to protect sewers/sewers and allows us to access the pipe in case of a problem. All work including new foundations, foundations, stakes or basements required the approval of the water company before work began on site. In October 2011, most of the pipes and private wastewater were